Road to Portland (Day 6)

To: TR List <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, TR8 List <TR8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: Road to Portland (Day 6)
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 16:25:40 -0400
Not much to report since we are already at Portland.  Spent the morning at
the autocross.  Driving the TR8 takes some getting used to (since I only
just put it together) but it is quite flexible.  You steer the front end
with the steering wheel and the back end with the accelerator.

BTW four wheel power slides are not the fastest way around the course.

Later in the day I discovered that even though I had replaced one fuse I
only had one radiator fan.  Looks like the dreaded corroded contact in the
fuse block and the melted plastic support syndrom.  Tomorrow I will have to
wire in an emergency inline fuse holder power feed to that fan.  No
concours points for on the road mishaps, right?

Dave Massey
On the road to Portland