Re: How much lost acceleration from 3:89 to 3:27 ?

To: frank@zk3.dec.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How much lost acceleration from 3:89 to 3:27 ?
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 15:32:11 EDT
In a message dated 06/29/2000 1:58:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
frank@zk3.dec.com writes:

> > to go, but I'm wondering how much 0-60 I'm tossing away.
>
>  I don't really know, never having driven an OD.  But I can tell
>  you that with the stock engine, you got no torque at all below
>  3000 RPM....

No offense intended here, but are you talking about a GT6 engine, Doug?
Seeing as the average GT6 develops its MAXIMUM torque at around 3000 RPM, I'm
not quite sure what you're expecting out of it. :-)

And no, mine never could outdrag a TR6, or a 5.0 Mustang GT, or a 427
Corvette, but that wasn't really why I had the car. And otherwise it did just
fine getting out of its own way.

--Andy Mace