Re: TR6: Jack up the Back?

To: "Martin A. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>, "Mike Barron" <jmikebarron@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: TR6: Jack up the Back?
From: "Chad & Ariane Jester" <ajester@kscable.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 00:07:49 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
List,

Just use the differential as your lift point.  I've had 15+ TR6's over the
years....jacked them all up using the differential as the lift point MANY
times.  No problems.  Also, speaking as a mechanical engineer, the uniform
static load you apply to the differential case when lifting the car isn't
close to the loads put on the unit while driving the car.

Besides, if you don't use the diff, just where the hell would you jack it up
from????

Regards,

Chad Jester
CC15486UO