RE: TR4 - New Robbins Top - Fit Problems

To: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Subject: RE: TR4 - New Robbins Top - Fit Problems
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 08:26:45 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Brian,

First... thanks for taking the time to measure TWO new tops.
What a guy.  I guess my top is not a odd piece that was cut
wrong.

I have been reluctant to put a heat gun on the front seam of the
top for fear it would be damaged and then I could not return it.
Did you have to do any heating to get the front edge to stretch.
An inch seems like a lot and what if it shrinks back ... then on
a Fall day I won't be able to put the top up with out a heat gun.
Carl Sereda measured his capping along the front and gets the
same 43 1/4".  If you find the time to measure the capping on the
64 TR4 at home it would help.

I'll keep the list posted on the outcome.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn/Home.html