Do I Need Intake/Exhaust Valve Work

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Do I Need Intake/Exhaust Valve Work
From: "KENNETH A. vonKLUCK" <KAVONKLU@defrees.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 14:49:08 -0500
Yesterday my 1963 TR-4 started to produce large amounts of white/blue smoke
from the exhaust, breather pipe and oil fill cap (when removed).  Before the
car was stored about 25 years ago, I installed new liners, pistons and rings.
I am the original owner and I know that the valves were worked on only once and
that was just before the new liners, etc.  The car has been undergoing
renovation and has been in daily use for most of the last two years.  It has
been using oil but not an unusual amount.  There is no oil in the coolant.
Number one plug is spotted white and black and the ceramic is cracked, numbers
two and three are black covered with what  first appeared to be oil but is hard
and dry and appears to be carbon and number four is clean light brown.  I
suspect that one or more intake and exhaust valves are gone.  Does any one have
any suggestions, guesses, opinions, etc.?

Ken von Kluck,  CT 20590 L