Re: Classic plates (Texas Inspection) little Triumph content

To: <Ah3thou@aol.com>, "TR" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Classic plates (Texas Inspection) little Triumph content
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 08:47:05 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
> That is exactly what I am talking about, with these plates you can use the
> vehicle as a "daily driver" and are still required to inspect it annually.
>    Texas also issue plates for "Antique status," when using them you are
not
> required to have the vehicle inspected but you are only supposed to use
the
> vehicle for club functions, parades, etc.
>       Jim
Jim, this is also the same way Va. operates with the plates, Vintage=year of
manufacture, if you get it inspected, you can use as a dailey driver, if you
do not  have inspection, this would then limit use.
Antique = never on inspections, and never as a dailey driver, both tags have
a 1 time fee and are then good for life, the vintage tags are yours if you
sell the car, the antique tags go with the car when sold.  "FT"