Engineering question and Thank you for Coil Help

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Engineering question and Thank you for Coil Help
From: Mquinn698@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 08:23:28 EDT
First of all I would like to thank all for the responses to my coil question.
I spent the weekend putting the front suspension back on my TR4A and did not
get a chance to get back to the coil to check it out but this leads me to a
new question. Most of the bolts on the front suspension are at least 7/16"
and all seem to be very solid, but why are the only thing that holds the
bottom of the suspension only bolted to the frame with one 3/8" bolt on each
side of the A arm. It seems to me like this would be under strength.
Obviously it must work on our cars would not be 30+ years old but does it
make sense? Has anyone ever had the lower arm break off?

Thanks,
--Mike Quinn
67 TR4A IRS