Re: d'oh! also, next-gen TR4 owner

To: steven@cravetechnology.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: d'oh! also, next-gen TR4 owner
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 12:41:20 PDT
>SUMMARY
>Apparently, *everyone* owned a Triumph or an MGB at one time or another.

    Trying valiantly but failing misearbly not do a "me too"...I've
    notice this too... I've had my `4 back on the road for about 13
    years. Enevitably whenever we're out, I'll get a big thumbs up or a
    "I useta own one" from somebody. This fascinates me because if only
    ~49,000 of the suckers were made, they'd all be in Illinois...

    Of course I get a lot of "Is that a kit car?" too... What I get the
    most of though is: "Nice MG". Most of the time "it's not am MG it's
    a Triumph" will suffice for the uninitiated. To others I have to
    explain that some of us die hard Triumphisti are a bit touchy on
    this issue. Like Chevy and Ford folks.

    Once the come back after "It's not an MG it's a Triumph." Was "Oh...
    When did MG make the Triumph?" I've said it before... "Triumphs
    don't get no respect."

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)