It's Running, but

To: triumphs-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: It's Running, but
From: John Summers <trumpet@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 22:41:22 -0400
Dave Letterman opens the CBS mailbag:  Symptoms, I'v got Symptoms, I've
got lots and lots of symptoms.
SYMPTOMS!!
        So the wire from the positive side of the coil had burnt off about 8"
of insulation before the sheathing of the wiring harness.  Then about a
foot into the harness there was another inch exposed.  I cut the thing
off there and spliced in a new piece using my finest technique with a
wire nut and electrical tape.  The car,,,seems to start more
reliably,,,though I haven't used it much to know.  I just took it for a
10 mile drive and at first it coughted and missed very much.  Then after
it warmed up some it seemed to smooth  out.  When I came home, just for
fun I did the routine where I turn it on and off about 10 times.  The
first try it almost didn't go as if the battery was way down.  Then on
the other tries it seemed to improve a little.
Car still backfired through the carb closest to me early in the run.
Any ideas?
John Summers
'74 TR 6