Who is still using the Lucas PI fuel pump

To: <Charazac.Jean-Pierre@hydro.qc.ca>
Subject: Who is still using the Lucas PI fuel pump
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 22:14:55 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
You wrote:
I am bringing a TR5 back on the road.
The car didn't run for many years ( too many).
All the necessary mechanical work is almost done
and the car actually ran fitted with a used Bosch pump
wich failed (seized I guess) within a few hours .
I am now thinking of using an original rebuilt pump with a cooling coil.
Does anybody done that with any success?

Jean-Pierre, I have no experience of the coil myself in terms of efficacite.
Maaybe you
will get an answer from the Triumphs general list but I've forwarded your
question to the
2000 Register in the hope that someone with a petrol injection saloon can give
you some of
their thoughts. The pump on my 1970 2.5PI seems to have lasted this far without
problems -
but maybe this had something to do with the fact that a previous owner drilled
14 holes in
the boot floor directly under it to let in cooling air! If the amount of rust
and filth I
found in the vicinity is any guide, I guess those holes let in a lot of water
as well for
cooling purposes.

Jonmac