Re: TR3 - Sill Finishers

To: Geo Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Subject: Re: TR3 - Sill Finishers
From: Jim Bauder <jimbpps@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 10:52:57 -0700
Cc: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
George,

I purchased the sill trim parts you asked about several months ago.
They are shaped as in sample A. Both of mine had to be trimmed to fit,
but they look great. One problem i experienced with mine was that the
sticky plastic cover that was supposed to protect the shiny finish on
the aluminum had worn off in several places during shipment. Because
it was hard to see the damage after I installed them, I didn't send
them back. I did clean and polish them with Nevr-Dull metal polish. I
also located the screws in the same place and with the same number of
screws on both sides of the car. They look fine on the car. Especially
against the new black windlace and carpet.

Jim Bauder
'58 TR3
Palo Alto, CA