TR3 Door Catch - Trouble and Questions

Subject: TR3 Door Catch - Trouble and Questions
From: "David Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 14:24:01 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi Listers,

Well I just finally realized that my passenger's side A post is missing the
little bracket that is used to attach to the door catch. These don't seem to
be listed anywhere in catalogs. Does anyone have one? or an idea of what to
use instead? It's not something that'd be seen except with the door wide
open, but I still need it to look fairly nice.

Also: what is used to attach the door catch to this bracket? Is some sort of
thick rivet type thing inserted through the two holes in the bracket and the
one in the door catch? Or just your basic crew?

Finally, I assume that the door catch "pad" is supposed to be able to slide
the length of the catch. Is that true? Mine don't seem to want to move by
hand. Is it something that'll work fine when used on the door?

Thanks!

Dave Moag
62 TR3B
77 Spitfire