TR6 bleeding brakes

To: triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 bleeding brakes
From: Sandy Levine <slevine@toucan.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 17:36:39 -0700
I am having a problem with my brakes. When I depress the pedal it feels
fine, good pressure and it locks the wheels. However after it locks the
wheels and I hold it - it very slowly goes the rest of the way to the floor.
I am loosing pressure to all 4 wheels so I assume the failure is at the PDWA
or the MC.

I have rebuilt or replaced everything in the hydraulic system with the
exception of the PDWA. I am using DOT 5, resleeved MC, new brake hoses front
and rear and new stainless pipes.

 I just found that the O-rings in the PDWA need to be replace as I have
brake fluid seeping (very, very little) from the switch.  There are no other
leaks and I thought I did a good job at bleeding with no air left in the
system. Could this have been the sole reason for the failure or should I
continue to look before everything goes back together again?

Once I get the brakes working, I am going the throw in a seat and take it
around the block for the first time since '94. All comments or suggestions
are most welcome.
--
Sandy Levine
70 TR6 - almost there