80 Spit wiper motor problem

To: "spitfirest@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 80 Spit wiper motor problem
From: Tony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 15:15:55 -0400
Having now got a parts car for the first time - many thanks to Tom Ambrose
(shipwrights occurs pretty quickly in this world, doesn't it!), we're
having difficulty in getting some needed bits off the old car ... any
suggestions on how to remove the drive cable from the wiper motor?  The nut
undid very easily, and the inner drive cable is well- lubed and looks in
good shape but does not wnat to come out of the gearbox at all.  I'm a bit
nervous about cutting the cable just in case the one on the "road" car
doesn't come out either!

TIA

Tony Gordon