Re: inlet manifold question

To: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Subject: Re: inlet manifold question
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 09:15:49 -0400
Cc: "sujit roy" <sujitroy@hotmail.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Graham Stretch"
>Hi Sujit
I don't know about the Stag but all of the twin carb Triumphs I have ever
had, have a link between the two carbs generally within the manifold so I
would guess that your hole is correct  By Triumph standards.

Graham.
<

Graham, Sujit,

The twin Stromberg manifold on the TR8 has just such a hole in the webbing
that separates the two circuits.  The purpose of this port is, I think, to
balance between the two sides at idle as the passage is too small to effect
full throttle airflow.  Gas dynamics are such that little air/fuel mixture
will be interchanged through this port at moderate to full throttle.

Dave