Re: Austin Healy Sprite

To: blhjr@amaonline.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Austin Healy Sprite
From: TexasTR4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 09:24:59 EDT
In a message dated 05/24/2000 11:11:53 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
blhjr@amaonline.com writes:

>  found an 1962 Austin Healy Sprite for sale today.
>  It seems to run well, I think it is mostly original and
>  has some surface rust peeking through the paint.
>  What would be a fair/good price to pay for this car?
>  The owner says he has only found 2 for sale on the
>  internet and they were $13k and $16k, respectively.

Whoa Hoss...maybe that much if it was a 100 point concours...

Box Sprites just don't command that price.  More like a 100 pt bugeye.  If it
is only surface rust and all mechanicals are very good, maybe $4-5000.  First
check the floors under the carpet and from underneath, and the sills, and the
areas around the lowere door hinges and where the front of the rear springs
mount.  Any cancer makes this a less than $2k car..

RH, 74 Midget, Spriget lister...