Speaking of Marques...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Speaking of Marques...
From: "Michael Ferguson" <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 19:34:44 -0500
I witnessed an interesting phenomenon a couple of days ago. I was on my way
home from work, 90 degrees, humid, very heavy SLOW moving traffic, 5-10 MPH
maybe. Right in front of me were two Miatas, inching along side by side for
several miles. One would move ahead a bit, then the other. Not ONCE did
either driver even glance at the other car! It was as though these guys were
driving SUVs or something equally impersonal!

Are these guys that different from us? Can you imagine two TR-anythings (or
any two LBCs, for that matter) coming within a mile of each other without a
wave, a horn, a flash of lights...something?! At the speed we were
traveling, we probably would have discussed how to rebuild a gearbox or
something!

No real earthshaking point here, just an observation that I thought was
interesting. Amazingly enough, even with the heat and humidity, they both
had their tops down! A/C must've been on the fritz! Either that, or it was
because you can't see out the back of a Miata unless the top's down!

Michael Ferguson
1959 TR3A  TS53990L