Rounders Follow-up

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rounders Follow-up
From: "Erkan Hassan" <ehassan@rx.umaryland.edu>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 09:46:58 -0400
I would like to post an official Thank You and update.

First Thank you for all who responded to my rounded off gear box
drain plug and filler plug question Randall, Jay, Jim, hector, Brian,
Michael, David)  I finished the project occurred this weekend with the
following results.

The 8 point 7/16 socket worked great to get the fill plug out.  Came
out without a problem.

The drain plug proved more resistant.  The 8 point socket, pipe
wrench, propane torch, vise grips, liquid wrench all proved
inadequate.  The plug is now so beat up it won't budge.  I even filed
it down and used a 3/8 8 point socket without success.

I decided to drain the old oil from the fill hole.  However, the
plastic tubing didn't fit real well.   So I ran the engine with the
fill hole open.  the old oil ran out into a pan.  Once no more oil was
coming out, I shut off the engine figuring I got out the bulk of the
old oil.  I then filled the case up with the new oil and put the new
cap in place.

Not the best approach but it seemed to work.  Guess I'll be doing
that every year.

Thanks to the wonderful list again.

Erkan Hassan
62 TR3B