TR6 OD Steady Strap

To: Canada <canada@voyageronline.net>
Subject: TR6 OD Steady Strap
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 09:49:50 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by Canada
>Hi--

Any thoughts on the metal steady strap that attaches between the trans
cover and the OD housing?  The used tranny I bought didn't come with one
and the strap from my original non-OD tranny would need some serious
bending to work.  Are these things useful?  Available?  Haven't been able
to find one in the TRF or Moss catalogs.

Thanks.

Ian
CF57345U + 0
<

I've been running without one for years.  No problems.  I don't know what
the purpose is.  If it reduces vibrations at the shifter it is a subtle
change.  If it is to increase strength (most likely IMO) it is still plenty
strong without it.  Perhaps it is for crashworthyness?

If you want to leave it out the car will still work.

Dave