Re: TR3A overdrive install

To: pjschu@usit.net
Subject: Re: TR3A overdrive install
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 21:19:21 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 4/23/00 3:11:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time, pjschu@usit.net
writes:

<< Does anyone have a web site or pictures of the position of the
 overdrive relay and wire routing and I think I know where the switch
 goes but I might as well see that , too .
  I have only had the tranny for 8 years rebuilt it 5 years ago so it is
 about time I put it in

   Thanks
   Philip Schulert >>

Philip
The switch goes on the dash, about 1-1/2" outward from the heater motor
switch. There should already be a hole in the metal dash under the vinyl for
it.
The relay mounts to the left rear corner of the battery tray, inside the
cockpit. You may find 2 holes there with rubber plugs in them for mounting
the relay.
I can take some photo's and send to you if you like, reply to me off-list.
Digital cameras sure come in handy sometimes!
A wiring diagram is in the manual, in the handbook, and even in many parts
catalogues.
You're gonna wonder why you waited 8 years to do this when you get done!

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4