Re: Dot 5 Brake Fluid

To: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Dot 5 Brake Fluid
From: Brian Furgalus <triumph.tr7@usa.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 20:32:04 -0400
Tom,

Be very careful when you bleed DOT5 that you pour slowly and bleed
slowly.  This stuff loves to trap air and that makes it extremely
difficult to get a good bleed job.  Push the brake/clutch pedal very
slowly (should take about 2 seconds to push it to the floor) and release
it the same.  This was a little trick that the local LBC shop/race shop
gave me, and it seemed to work.

NAPA should be able to order you a bottle of the DOT5 Fluid(f).  It's a
very nice shade of purple!

Good luck,
Brian