RE: TR4 Alternator Conversion,, now the car wont start!

To: <Z27407@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 Alternator Conversion,, now the car wont start!
From: "Randall" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 10:08:53 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Paul :

If your solenoid has two side terminals, I'd say you've got the wrong one
connected.  (I believe the original solenoid only had one side terminal, but
I've seen replacements that had two.)  Otherwise, if the solenoid body is
grounded, I'd say you have a bad solenoid.
Another possibility is a replacement solenoid that requires the second side
terminal to be grounded.  These are common on US cars, where either the
neutral or clutch safety switch makes the ground connection.

Randall