Education-next generation(NonLBC)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Education-next generation(NonLBC)
From: William Hook <wghook@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 09:48:57 +0000
Listers,
Sorry to be somewhat off topic,  but I would appreciate any recomendations
you could give a budding mechanic looking for a good education aimed at
classic cars (50-60's)?  (restoration as well as modified high performance cars)

My son (HS grad working at the local parts store) is looking at colleges and
VoTecs for the next step.  He is aware of the program at McPherson College
(Jay Leno) but could use other suggestions as well.

He was clearly born into the wrong generation with little interest in where
cars have gone since the mid 70's but a passion for those before.  His current
projects are..  fitting a spiked 428 and headers into a '66 T-bird ... and a
frame up restoration of a '62 Willys for off road.    Not quite ready for the
LBC stage yet .. unless I would allow him to put an 8 in my TR3...(G).

Thanks In Advance and please respond off line to respect the time and
interests of others,

Bill Hook,  '57 TR3  (LBC content)
Tyler Hook, '66 T-Bird (BAM - Big American Muscle)
                   '62 Willys
Seattle,