Rimmer Bros.

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rimmer Bros.
From: "John A. Simmons" <jsimmons@intrepid.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 08:47:06 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Back in January I got on the phone and ordered  SS headers and SS
performance exhaust (single pipe and outlet, 2" diameter) from Rimmer Bros
(part #RR1400) for a 1971 TR6.  They said I should have it in about two
weeks.  In February it hadn't arrived so I got back on the phone with them.
I was told they had some problems getting all the parts but that they were
available now and I should have it in about a week.  In March it hadn't
arrived so I called them again.  The gentleman I talked to, Gary Smith,
apologized for the delay, said he would check on the problem and email a
answer that day.  He emailed me back the same day, again apologized for the
delays said they would refund the delivery charge and I should have it in
approx 1 week.  After two weeks and no parts I emailed Gary Smith three
times in the three following weeks requesting information with no reply to
any of the emails.  If the parts are back ordered why wouldn't they just say
so?  So the question is, does anyone know how to successfully communicate
with Rimmer Bros.   The second question is does anyone know where I might
find an equivalent setup.  Called TRF, Moss, and Vicky Brit and their
answers were no, no and no.

John, '71 TR6
Berkeley Springs, WV