Re: Broken push rod- TR 4

To: bruce britt <bebritt@gate.net>
Subject: Re: Broken push rod- TR 4
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@borg.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 17:17:53 -0400
Bruce,

It happened to me in 1969 driving my previous tr a 1959 TR3A on a very cold day
in December. Only had to limp about 5 miles to home. Pulled the valve cover and
if i remember it was number 2 intake valve. Fished out the broken part, replaced
the push rod with one from the junk yard and all was fine. Never broke another.
Have no idea what caused it. Fatigue??

Bob Labuz
1958 TR3A
1974 T140V