Was: TR3 part needed, Now choke cable replacement

To: "Ken Gano" <triumphs@mcleodusa.net>
Subject: Was: TR3 part needed, Now choke cable replacement
From: "The Brooks'" <TR3A@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 21:50:38 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Ken,

Go to your nearest bike store, get some cable and replace just
the cable. It's held in by a dimple in the handle extension,
(possibly soldered too, I don't recall).  Drill out the dimple
(and maybe melt out some solder).   Then clean out the hole with
an appropriate sized drill.  Insert the new cable.  Solder in
place and trim the new cable to length.  I also took the
opportunity to apply an aerosol, dry film lubricant to the entire
cable housing.

Cost is about $5.00 (for two cables), and the part remains very
close to the original.  The bike cable is a little more flexible,
but they are strong.  Mine has been working for 3 or 4 years now.

Regards,

Jack Brooks
Hillsdale, NJ
1960 TR3A TS69032LO