TR6 Windshield Chrome

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Windshield Chrome
From: VK0216@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 19:39:26 EDT
Can anyone help me with this simple but perplexing question?

That little gap in the very middle of my outer windshield where that little
connector piece of chrome goes is where my problem is.  The gap where the
chrome meets is about 3 inches wide.  Why is the little chrome connector only
1 1/2 inches?  I ordered a new one thinking the little connector I had was
the problem and I got a new identical in length to what I already had.  What
am I missing here?  Also, what holds that little piece to the frame.  Is it
meant to slip onto either end of the larger chrome.
thanks......Virgil 75 TR6