Re: 3 Questions

To: "Allen, Warren" <Warren.Allen@infores.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 3 Questions
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@borg.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 16:29:29 -0400
Allen,

I dont have an answer for number 1 cause i bleed my brakes the old fashioned
way. My wife pumps and I manage the screws.

2. I have a suggestion. Before you put the castelated nut, try a very thin
washer over the thick washer to give you the distance you need. You may make
your own washers from any thin metal preferable brass. Or you can try to buy std
washers and sand them down with emery cloth. If your hub is loose enough it
could cause pre-mature wear of the bearing or race or both. If you choose not to
go with the thin washers, better a little tight than loose i would guess. This
is for the list, isnt a bit tight better than a bit loose??

3. The flare connections cause a "compression" type fitting where the torque of
the screw threads apply the necessary pressure (metal to metal) to prevent
leakage. The bleed screw end is tapered as well as the rubber hose on the breaks
and clutch. When tightened also the torque from the threads prevents any
leakage. Another form of "compression" type fitting. Very common in plumbing!!