Rally pics on Ottawa Valley Club website

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rally pics on Ottawa Valley Club website
From: Day.John@fin.gc.ca
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 11:42:11 -0400 charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi, Gang. If anyone is interested, our club web page is taking its first
steps to being a full-fledged club site - feel free to drop in. One section
our Editor/webmeister has added recently are some pictures from the album of
Kit Heathcote, our Honourary member. Kit recently provided the club with an
amazing detailed account of Ken Richardson's & his participation in the 1955
Liege-Rome-Liege Rally. The photos from the following link are from both the
1954 Alpine and the L-R-L rallies, featuring TR2 OVC 276, now owned by Marc
Matthieu of Belgium. Marc had written both Kit & myself describing both this
car and the other L-R-L TR2 he owns (the white one in the last picture), so
Kit loaned me these pictures for scanning. I forget which of the two persons
on the white TR2 was the original owner, but Marc says he was a Belgian
pilot & all-around bon vivant, who had commissioned the Imperia factory to
make him a hardtop from the roof section of one of their 'Francorchamps'
coupes. This must truly be a unique hardtop.

Anyway - enjoy. Sorry about the size of the smaller pics - our editor says
they appear properly on his editor, but as is on the browser (but he's
working on it!). Cheers, JD

http://www.geocities.com/ovtc_2000/alpine.htm
<http://www.geocities.com/ovtc_2000/alpine.htm>