Hardware catalog: Volunteers Needed!

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hardware catalog: Volunteers Needed!
From: "Mark Gendron" <mgendron@speakeasy.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 16:19:07 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Last week I mentioned that I have a photocopy of the Triumph hardware
catalog. I have started scanning my copy (50 pages), and I intend to share
it with the list members when it is ready. Before I go any further, does
anyone on the list have an ORIGINAL copy that they would be willing to loan
to me for scanning? If so, then there is no point in messing with my old
photocopy. Please let me know ASAP.

Otherwise. . .

My copy is a rather grungy old photocopy, perhaps several generations old.
There are a lot of visual artifacts (speckles, smudges, border blotches,
etc.) that can be easily removed from a scan using even simple tools like
Windows Paintbrush, or Microsoft Photo Editor. I cleaned up the cover (by
far the dirtiest page) using Photo Editor, in about a half an hour. If you
would like to see the results, they are at:

ftp.dartmouth.edu/incoming/cover.zip             255kb
ftp.dartmouth.edu/incoming/cover_clean.zip   152kb

You'll need WinZip or perhaps a newer version of PKUnZip to uncompress these
files. They are approx 1mb each when uncompressed.

Anyway, I am looking for volunteers to help clean up the scans. It's easy to
do, if you are reasonably adept with even a simple paint program. It
shouldn't take more than 1/2 hour per page, depending on how A-R you want to
get with your cleanup.

If you are able to help, please send me an e-mail and let me know how many
pages you are willing to tackle. When the pages are ready, I plan to compile
them into an Adobe Acrobat document.

Thanks!
-Mark

1954 TR2 #TS2571L