Differential runs hot, and other problems.

To: "triumphs list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Differential runs hot, and other problems.
From: "Ian Viles" <ianviles@derbysmoths.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 17:34:22 +0100
Tim Hickey wrote:
4. Tonight for the first time I put the top up, and rolled up the windows.
Much misalignment. There is a space about ¾ of an inch at the front between
the window and the top. Can this be adjusted where the window mechanism
     attaches to the door?

Tim,
I experienced similar problems, and could not get much adjustment from the
winder mechanism/door glass etc. There is some adjustment possible of the
screen frame - by loosening the 2 bolts at the rear of the front wings/door
pillar and removing the dash top nuts. The upper glass stops on the doors
can also be
adjusted. None of this provided sufficient adjustment in my case. The screen
frame had to be removed, the locating posts heated up and bent, and the
frame re-fitted.
Ian Viles (Derbyshire)
73 TR6