Re: Concern with TR4 Top

To: David Lee <davelee1@home.com>
Subject: Re: Concern with TR4 Top
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 13:14:54 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, David Lee wrote:

> One issue still comes to mind.  Im not sure what kind of frame I have.  Does
> this matter in any way?  I remember a listing in the VTR classifieds with
> someone selling an AMCO top that would not fit his TR4A since it was a TR4
> top.
> As far as I can tell mine resembles the 4A frame.

If the top completely comes off the car and can be stored in the trunk, it
is a TR4 top (and frame)

If the top folds up and stays attached to the forward header rail (and
stores behind the seats), it is a TR4A, 250 or 6 top.

I had a TR6 top on my TR4.  I'm in the process of collecting enough bits
to put the proper TR4 top back on.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its new home is:
http://www.islandnet.com/~walker05/triumph/trfaq.htm