Help TRF survive---BUY A CAR FROM ME!!!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Help TRF survive---BUY A CAR FROM ME!!!
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 11:19:42 EST
Listers,

If you are concerned about the long-term health of TRF, and want to do what
you can to help them survive, but can't see your way clear to just stuff some
cash in an envelope and send it to them, this might be the answer!

1962 TR3B #TCF319L.  This car needs TOTAL restoration!  Seats and top are
missing, the car is otherwise mostly complete, except for what has rusted
away.......like the floors and the bottoms of the fenders, for example.

By buying this car from me, and all your parts from TRF (and you will need to
buy A LOT of parts), you will be doing your part to help keep TRF in
business.  Concerned about the backorder thing?  Don't be....You're going to
look forward to backorders....This car needs so much work, it will take a
loooooonnng time to finish, and you will cherish the down time.

Buying the car from me will help TRF in another way, too, because the money I
get from you will go towards buying parts from them to complete the
restoration of my  TR3A (a project currently stalled, due to lack of cash).
Well, maybe not all of the money will go there---I do need a new set of race
tires for my TVR, but with those tires I'll be competing in the autocross at
the TRF Summer Party........So, all the rest of the money will be going to
TRF.........Uh, I might buy some beer, too, but if you are at the Summer
Party, I will give you a beer......if you buy this car, you will want the
beer.

Okay, you're thinking.....Gee, Rich, I want to help, and this sounds like a
great idea, a perfect plan, really, but I'm just a man--just one man---and
between us we are talking about two cars.....do you really think this will
make a difference?  Or maybe you're thinking that a TR3 is not the car for
you.  Something more modern, like a TR4 or 250 or 6 or 7, or.....
uh.....maybe even.... uh, an, uh.... MGB?  NO PROBLEM!!  I've got plenty of
cars and they all need LOTS of money to buy and restore!!!.  Money you will
spend at TRF.  Money I will spend at TRF.  Money TRF will spend stocking
parts for us to spend money on.  Money I will spend buying more clapped out
cars to sell to the many dedicated enthusiasts sure to join us.  Mo'
money..... mo' money..... mo' money!!  This ain't no Amway scheme!  The
circle will be unbroken!   We can do it.  We must do it.  Together, with some
effort, (and some cash),  we will TRIUMPH!!

Eagerly awaiting your response (and cash----$1,500 of it for the 3B)

Tongue planted firmly in cheek,
Rich Rock
Pottstown PA