Re: Rotor Removal

To: PDGRAFELMAN@vax1.bemidji.msus.edu, TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rotor Removal
From: TexasTR4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 16:57:45 EST
In a message dated 03/16/2000 7:19:05 AM Pacific Standard Time,
PDGRAFELMAN@VAX1.BEMIDJI.MSUS.EDU writes:

<<
 I am trying to remove the front brake rotors on my Spitfire 1500. Problem
is,
 I cant get the dust caps off. Haynes says to knock them off with a hammer,
but
 I have only succeded in denting them. Any tricks to doing this?

 Paul Grafelman
 '77 Spitfire

Paul,

Place a small piece of pipe, or steel welding rod, or a 1/4" extension from
your tool box on the top edge of the dust cover...perpendicular to the axle,
parralell with the wheel...and tap with a small hammer.

This should tip the cap down and start pulling it out at the top.  Move
underneath and tap up...go backand forth until it works out.

Yes you will dent it a bit, but it's the only way I've ever taken one out.

Any problems...use a BFH.

R. Houston