Re: VTR National 2000 (Portland Oregon)

To: ryoung@navcomtech.com
Subject: Re: VTR National 2000 (Portland Oregon)
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 18:17:32 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 14-Mar-00 16:49:04 Eastern Standard Time,
ryoung@navcomtech.com writes:

> If you'd care to take the southern route (I-10 to the west coast) there are
>  lots of people in SoCA going to VTR (including myself, I hope), not to
>  mention Joe Curry (and others) from Arizona.  I'll probably try to drive
>  Pacific Coast Highway/US 101 up the coast to Lincoln city (which should be
>  gorgeous drive).  But I can't see anything else to recommend  I-10 through
>  the western US, unless you've never seen the desert or Carlsbad Caverns.
>  I-10 is terribly boring, I-70 is at least slightly better (not to mention
>  cooler) <g>

Randall, thanks.  The first time I drove I-10 was from Ft. Bragg NC to Ft.
Bliss Tx in '65.  The TR4, an 8 month pregnant wife and me.  I-10 was not
completely finished then.  That was a trip!  In '92 I drove the TR4, in
convoy with my Honda (same wife and youngest of our three children) from Las
Cruces, NM to Palm Coast, Florida.

My three children now live in Dallas/Ft. Worth so we have driven it many
times since '95.  But not in the TR4 -- wife says "no" to that.

I have recieved quite a few responses so will begin to plan.  Right now my
plan is Richmond Va for the VTR Mid-Atlantic in July, then back home and on
to Portland, I hope.

Art