* Machine Shop Advice *

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: * Machine Shop Advice *
From: wbrazinski <wbrazinski@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 21:40:00 -0600
Hi again everyone!

I'm trying for the record number of consecutive threads!

Seriously though:  The engine is pretty much stripped down thanks to the
help of my neighbor mechanic.  He wants me to contact some LBC machine
shops (to compare with his) to accomplish the following.  I would
greatly appreciate any additions / delections to the list so I ensure I
have the most reliable engine possible!  My TR3A has 58,0000 miles on
it.  Pistons pretty clean with no major scoring (could not feel them)
and rings free.

1) Liners appear not to have moved, should I have them pulled and new
figure 8 gaskets installed anyway?

2) Have block "Hot Dipped" and painted?

3) Have new cam bearings pressed in.

4) "Clean" up cylinders (virtually no scoring present)

5) Have crankshaft balanced?

6) Have bearing seats on crank and cam measured and checked so proper
size bearings can be fitted by machine shop.  (bearings on crank look
virtually new, could not see cam bearings very well)

7) Change rear oil seal to new "leakfree" type - or leave as old type
seal?

8) Machine shop to install front oil seal, and reassemble crank,
bearings etc.

Once again I want to thank all of you for the time and bandwidth you
have expended on my project in the last few weeks!

regards,

Wayne