Re: Weber DGV

To: Jeff Burns <jburn@gte.net>, "Spitfires@Autox. Team. Net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, Spitheads <spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com>, Auto X Team Net <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Weber DGV
From: Mark Stahlke <mstahlke@denver.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 07:46:51 -0700
Hello Jeff

Here are my suggestions.

1. Make sure the ignition system is perfect.
2. Make sure there are no vacuum leaks.
3. Buy a copy of Haynes' Weber Carburetors manual.
4. Make sure the ignition system is perfect.
5. Make sure there are no vacuum leaks.
6. Study the chapter on DGV carbs and the chapter on calibration and testing.
7. Make sure the ignition system is perfect.
8. Make sure there are no vacuum leaks.
9. Now you're ready to start tuning the carbs (after checking the ignition
system, of course).

You didn't specify what throttle opening is too rich. If it's rich across the
board, the float level may be incorrect. Otherwise, reading the maual will
help you determine which jets to fiddle with. The point is tuning Weber carbs
is complicated, but the Haynes manual will help you sort it all out.

And don't forget to make sure the ignition system is perfect.

Regards,
Mark Stahlke
71 TR6 (no commercial potential)
Twin Weber DGVs