RE: emission controls

To: "'john Kossup'" <johnek@hotmail.com>, "'TRs Roadster list'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: emission controls
From: Christopher Ball <cball@oct.on.ca>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 17:01:51 -0500
John,

I took at the stuff off my 75 Spitfire and picked up a lot of  throttle
response. It gets complicated though, as you have to block some things off,
and in my case the heater hoses ran through the intake manifold, which I
placed as well, for a weber. Then there's stuff coming off the exhaust
manifold. (which I tossed for a header too)

Also of concern, although in Ontario I've dodged the bullet for now, would
be annual inspections and  emission tests, which will come one fine day for
sure. So - keep all the stuff and don't wreck anything in the task, thinking
you'll never need it. Sure as hell these will one day be the scarcest parts
for a full show room resto.

if you think it all through and go carefully it'd easy enough and you'll get
a nicer drive for it too. For the amount I use the Spitty I don't think I'm
killing anything.

Chris Ball
Pickering, Ontario