MotoLita wheels: H E L P !!!!!

To: "Silvestre Ortiz" <silvestre.ortiz@cditx.com>
Subject: MotoLita wheels: H E L P !!!!!
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 12:25:02 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Silvestre Ortiz"
>I got the wheel off, but now I'm having a problem getting the horn to
work. The adaptor that came with the wheel has two wires: one attaches to
the back of the horn button, the other goes through the adaptor bottom to
make contact with something that makes the horn work! How does this work?
There was no diagram supplied with the adaptor, and I have very little
ability in this area. Please explain!

TIA.

Silvestre Ortiz
<

Silvestre,

If you look at the backside of the original wheel you will see a slip ring.
 That is a brass ring concentric with the wheel hub.  In the column
assembly there is a brush that makes contact with that ring and provides an
electrical path for the horn button.  If your new wheel does not have this
ring in the same position you may have to resort to some other horn button
arrangement such as a dash mounted button.

Good luck.

Dave