Re: MotoLita wheels

To: Silvestre Ortiz <silvestre.ortiz@cditx.com>
Subject: Re: MotoLita wheels
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 10:06:49 -0500 ()
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, Silvestre Ortiz wrote:

> Are there any fool-proof (accent on the "fool") ways to remove the stock
> TR6 steering wheel hub for replacement with a MotoLita hub? I don't have
> the proper (?Churchill) puller. Is there a satisfactory substitute? Any
> special advice on how not to foul up the steering column?

I've always used a "suitable drift" on the head of the column shaft
itself. (I leave the retaining nut on loosely in case I or another oaf
misses with heavy hammer blows.) A couple of taps on the drift while
someone else is pulling upwards on the wheel itself should free the wheel
quickly. It really doesn't take a whole lot of effort.

--Andy