TR3 - electrical fire

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: TR3 - electrical fire
From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 09:52:03 -0500
Yeah,
I'm talking smoke and flames!
The white ignition wire comes out of the loom at right angles and across to
the terminal on the coil.  This wire crosses the rev counter cable at right
angles and was kind of resting on it.  My theory is the insulation had worn
away and the wire had shorted on the cable.
Fortunately, this happened as I was firing (!) her up one morning to go to
work.  If I had been cruising down the road I might not have seen the
smoke.
This wire, running all the way back to the connection at the fuse block, is
now fried.
No prob - I'll just replace it and see what happens.
This wire is not "fused" - do you think it might be a good idea to place a
fuse somewhere along the wire - seems kind of the obvious thing to do but
I'm wondering why the factory didn't do it.

Regards,  Adrian (TS58324) Fire extingusher in garage and in car!