Re: Consumer Alert: A AAAdvantage Auto Movers - BEWARE

To: "Cliff Hansen" <chansen@access1.net>, "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Consumer Alert: A AAAdvantage Auto Movers - BEWARE
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 19:27:10 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
I finally got my refund after much badgering and several long distance phone
calls.  I can also vouch that this company misrepresented themselves as
using company owned trucks and in-house drivers when I originally spoke to
them on the phone.

The easiest way to protect yourself?

Never do business with an auto transport company that requires any kind of
cash up front.  Period.

And get a referral from a list member or someone else that you trust.  In my
experience, "larger" does not necessarily equate with "better" in the auto
hauling business.

Best wishes,

Jeff

P.S.  I might also add that you should be extremely leery of "auto
inspection services".  The one I hired sent out a real hack.  I never DID
receive a written report.  Instead, try to find a local list member in the
area where the vehicle is with a digital camera and offer them $50 to go
out, look over the car and take a couple of dozen digital pictures for you.