Re: Triumph resurrection, not.

Subject: Re: Triumph resurrection, not.
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 10:38:52 -0700
Allen Patterson wrote:

> BMW has already considered resurrecting the Triumph badge, but promptly
> shelved the idea.... <snip. Hey, I'd like to see the name resurrected too, but
> in reality it's a very slim possibility.  The best hope would likely be for
> BMW to sell off the name to a company that doesn't have the types of cars
> Triumph was noted for building.  Rover may just go away or be sold off.  The
> Mini will be in BMW showrooms this fall.

BMW recently spent some time considering the resurrection of their own
Everyman's Sports Car, the 2002. I didn't pay a lot of attention, can't say if
they're going to do it, but early prototypes didn't look promising to me. :-)

...but you should have seen the excitement among 2002 owners when a year or so
ago, BMW said "you know, we *could* just re-press the original 2002 body...."
Woohoo! I'd buy a *new* 2002, 2.8 motor, airbags, antilock brakes, why not new
minilites, if it looked like the *old* ones -- but that is NOT going to happen.

--
Steven Newell
Crave Technology, Denver, CO