Re:TR6 clutch cross shaft quandry

To: Rob Christopher <robc@cisco.com>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:TR6 clutch cross shaft quandry
From: Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov (Bud Rolofson)
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 15:21:43 -0500
Rob,

Replace the clutch shaft bushings, "you might as well since you've got this
far", sound familiar?  Use the TRF ones (if you hurry you might get them on sale
today) and drive the old ones out with the new ones.  When I replace mine the
old driver's side bushing wanted to stay in so I left it in (now there's both
the old and new bushing on the side that gets the most wear).  The bushing on
the passenger side didn't want to stay in so it just has the new bushing.

Bud

P.S. Try 20w50 Valvoline Racing Oil and I'm SURE your OD will work ;-)