RE: Silicon Brake fluid (mushy pedal)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Silicon Brake fluid (mushy pedal)
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 10:05:24 -0800
I've got Dot 5 Silicon in both Spitfire, and GT6.  Had it in the Spitfire
for a number of years now, and just a couple of years ago I put it in the
GT6.  I don't now, nor have I ever had the mushy feel in the car's that
several others have commented about.  It felt no different than when I had
Dot 4 in the cars.  After switching over, I wouldn't go back unless it
becomes unavailable for whatever reason.  Best thing (short of converting
to GT6 stuff on the Spitfire) I've ever done the braking system on these
vehicles

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)