Re: Value of Restored 65 Spitfire

To: Daniel Elder <Vitesse6@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Value of Restored 65 Spitfire
From: "Martin A. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 10:52:55 -0500
Cc: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Dan:

I'll hazard a guess on this.  I've never felt that any amount of spares
contribute much to the value of a vehicle, unless they are new-in-the-box
spares, and are things one really will need at some point ... such as oil
filters, ignition parts, etc.  But if you car is truly a top level Mk 1, and
authentic at that, I don't think you'd be out of line asking $7-8k for it.  But
I think you ought to hold on to it if you can.  Mark 1 Spitfires are becoming
increasingly rare and attractive.

--
Martin Secrest
72 TR6