RE: Sears DieHard Security Battery

Subject: RE: Sears DieHard Security Battery
From: "Randall" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 15:49:20 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sear's claims include "Your vehicle cannot be started ... by jump starting".
Since they also say that, even with the security system armed, it still
supplies power to clocks, dome lights, etc., the only way I can see to
ensure that the vehicle cannot be jump or push started would be to sense a
rise in voltage, and then short out the electrical system.

I have to admit this seems unlikely (what is Sear's liability when some
owner tried to jump start his own car and the security system shorts out,
causing the source battery to explode ?), but I can't see any other way to
meet their claims.

Of course, given Sear's recent track record, they _could_ simply be lying

Randall