Re: TR6 Window Seals/Mythical Tools

Subject: Re: TR6 Window Seals/Mythical Tools
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 10:12:09 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

Crazeecooter@aol.com wrote:

> I have heard about some mythical crooked tool that is used for this, but I
>can't > find one.  I have also heard about some people making such a tool
>themselves...do > any of you have any insight here??

The Moss TR2-4A catalog (which you can download from their web site at
http://www.mossmotors.com/ ) has a diagram on how to make the "Door
waist seal tool".  It's on page 69 of the copy I have.

Brian Kemp reports he made his from the little plate that you remove
from a PC when you install a new card.  Ask any of your 'computer'
friends or at the local shop, they'll probably give you one.

> 4)  Lastly, I wasn't planning on putting back in that plastic sheet, I think
>it is > a water protector of some kind, my was pretty ripped to shreds when I
>took the door > apart anyway...so I figured I didn't need it.  Is this a bad
>idea.

I'd recommend putting back something.  Even if your car is never, ever
driven in rain, the door cavities will condense a certain amount of
moisture from the air.  The plastic sheet will help keep it from
damaging your door panels.  Ask your local hardware store or home center
for "heavyweight plastic drop cloth" (probably in the paint
department).  It's cheap, cuts easily with scissors, and works well.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver - with none of that door glass stuff to worry about
<g>