I'm Fixing A Hole...

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: I'm Fixing A Hole...
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 23:08:39 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
...and would appreciate some advice.  The PO drilled a 1/2" hole in the
steel dash backing to install a toggle switch which I have since removed.
I'd like to patch the hole.  Rather than replace the entire vinyl that fits
over the steel (because it appears to be all one large piece), I'm thinking
that I might fill the hole, then go with a vinyl repair kit.  I used one in
the 70's and although the repair wasn't perfect, it was practically
invisible unless you were really looking for it.

Are these kits still available?  Can anyone recommend a kit which contains a
grain that matches my Mk3 vinyl?  Thanks!

Jeff in San Diego
'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
http://www.ohms.com/spitfire/projects.shtml
Jeff's Classic '67 Triumph Spitfire Mk3 Site