Re: 280Z aluminum brake drums

To: Dennis & Bridget Lambert <blambert@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: 280Z aluminum brake drums
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 21:49:04 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Thu, 10 Feb 2000, Dennis & Bridget Lambert wrote:

> I'm planning on going back to the junkyard Saturday to attempt removal
> of the Datsun brake drums, if they are still there, and if it stops
> raining.   Any tips on how to remove the drums from the hubs?  When I

Make sure the handbrake's off.  Can't help you much with Datsun specific
stuff, but a kid at high school spent all day walloping his brake drums
because he forgot to release the hand brake.  Wasn't me, but I played the
Dashing Hero by reaching in and releasing it ;-)

-Malcolm ("My work here is done!")
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its new home is:
http://www.islandnet.com/~walker05/triumph/trfaq.htm